Effective Date: May 9, 2022
How We Collect Your Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, IP address, and broader categories of information such as your professional information, commercial information, andInternet activity.
When you interact with the Services, we may collect certain information directly from you or automatically from the devices you use to access our Services. Depending on how you use the Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Direct identifiers, such as your name, address; email address, phone number, and other contact information.
- Usage information, such as your IP address; details about the device from which you are accessing Services; the type of Internet browser you are using, your search terms on our website, and other information about how you navigate and interact with the Services;
- Other information you may choose to provide, such as when you participate in a survey, send us questions or comments, request technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
We may collect this information from:
- Our direct interactions with you, such as when you interact with our Services, fill out our online forms, participate in surveys or questionnaires, inquire about partnership opportunities, subscribe to our electronic communications, or in any way engage with the Services; and
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer’s hard drive that may contain information about your computer, browsing history, and activities performed while using the Services. A web beacon (also called a pixel tag or clear GIF) is a piece of computer code that enables us to monitor user activity and website traffic. To learn more about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, this may impact your experience using our website.
You can use the methods linked to below to manage cookies. You must take these steps on each browser or device that you use. If you replace, change or upgrade your browser or device, or delete your cookies, you may need to use these opt-out tools again.
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
If the browser you use is not listed above, please refer to your browser’s help menu for information on how to manage cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- With our service providers, vendors, and consultants. We may share your Personal Information with service providers, vendors, and consultants that perform tasks on our behalf, such as marketing and analytics activities and the operation and maintenance of the Sites.
- Public and governmental authorities. We may share your Personal Information with entities that regulate or have jurisdiction over Mates, such as regulatory authorities, law enforcement, public bodies, and judicial bodies.
- Other third parties as necessary to:
- Comply with laws applicable to Mates, a request from law enforcement or a government agency, or other legal process;
- Protect the legitimate rights, privacy, property, interests or safety of Mates, our customers, business partners, personnel, or the general public;
- Pursue available remedies or limit damages;
- Enforce our Terms of Service;
- Respond to an emergency; or
- Explore or complete a merger, sale, acquisition, divesture, restructuring, re-organization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control of Mates or its assets (whether in whole or in part).
In addition, we may disclose your information to other third parties if you have given us specific consent to do so.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to protect the security of the information about you.Please understand, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, please be thoughtful about what information you send through the Services. You are responsible for choosing a secure password when creating an account to log in to their account. You should keep this password confidential and choose a password that you do not use on any other website.
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect the PersonalInformation of children under 13 years of age through the Services without the authorization of a responsible adult (e.g., a parent or legal guardian).
Do Not Track
Certain web browsers and other devices you may use to access the Services may permit you to submit your preference that you do not wish to be “tracked” online. We do not currently commit to responding to “do not track” requests, in part, because no common industry standard for “do not track” has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators.
Notice to Residents of California
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below. However, please be aware that Mates does not share your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Notice to Residents of Nevada
If you are aNevada resident, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain personal information, including your name and mailing address, to third parties. Mates does not sell your personal information. If that were to change in the future, we will provide Nevada residents with a method to opt-out of those transactions.
We understand that you may be accessing our Services from a country outside of the UnitedStates. By accessing the Services and providing us with your information, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to, and processed in, theUnited States. Please note that data protection and consumer protection laws of the United States and such other countries may differ from the data protection or consumer protection laws in your country. By using theServices or providing us with your information, you understand that your information will be collected from and processed in the United States and other countries where Mates or its service providers operate, and you acknowledge that your information may be subject to access by law enforcement and other government entities, including courts and tribunals, in accordance with laws applicable in those jurisdictions.
The Services may contain links to other websites or services that are not controlled by Mates. Your use of a third-party website or any of its informational content is subject to and governed by the privacy policies, terms, and conditions of that website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third-party websites.
If you have any questions, comments, or requests related to our privacy practices or this PrivacyPolicy, please contact Mates at: email@example.com